8 Ways that Anvato can Help Media Companies
At Anvato, we have a rich history of helping programmers and media companies increase their efficiency, scalability, and profitability. For the last eight years, our software has been enabling top programmers and media companies to ingest, process, distribute and monetize their OTT video content so that they can reach audiences wherever they are and whatever device they happen to be on. Today, Anvato continues to further develop cutting-edge technologies that will help customers further automate their video workflows – all while providing a top-notch experience for online viewers.
Here’s a rundown why the Anvato platform helps fuel operational efficiency, scalability, and profitability.
1. No 3rd party dependencies – Anvato’s entire technology stack in developed in-house, eliminating multiple vendors and integration points. This streamlines your operation and lowers your total cost of ownership so that as new delivery formats emerge and evolve you can achieve scale, flexibility and increase ROI.
2. 100% programmable – The Anvato platform reduces the need for human intervention by providing templates and the ability to set up custom, complex workflows based on your business logic. This means programmatically syndicating content, uploading captions, images, files, etc so that customers can spend time doing things that deliver higher business value.
3. No upfront cost and fast stand up time – No longer do you need to pay expensive integration fees or wait for multiple vendors to integrate their products. Using powerful general-purpose hardware that is centrally managed and configured from the cloud, we minimize the operating expenses for the customer – without ever compromising usability or scale and most of our customers are stood up in a matter of weeks, not months.
4. Smarter video encoding/transcoding – Video encoding/transcoding happens in a hybrid model – both on and off-premise. The platform is intuitive enough to know when to encode on versus off-premise by using intuitive algorithms. A live event is a live event and the encoding occurs on-premise, while in other situations encoding is sent to the cloud, thus maximizing cost efficiency without compromising quality or time to market.
5. Guaranteed monetization from signal to every screen – As programmers and media companies look for ways to dynamically replace ads within broadcasts, serve more ad spots and better monetize the product on mobile, desktop, and any connected platform, our server-side dynamic ad insertion does just that by inserting high-value, interactive ads targeted for each user.
6. Instant on-demand files from live streams – Anvato customers can programmatically create VOD files from live streams the moment a program ends, then distribute them across every application and all screens simultaneously. Natural ad pods in a program are pre-marked for ad replacement and can be monetized without any additional effort.
7. Strong output mechanisms – Rule-based syndication enables our customers to leverage their social networks by integrating live video natively in people’s news feeds while also programmatically distribute content to premium destinations like Comcast, Verizon, Hulu, Roku, etc.
8. Non-proprietary hardware for live streaming – An off-the-shelf server with our software installed on it is provided which sits at the head-end and is fed an HDSDI or MPEG-TS signal. Doing so eliminates any upfront capital expenditure while providing the security of on-premise encoding. This is where the “digital onramp” begins, starting the journey for flawless, stunning live linear streams.
Learn more about Anvato here to see how programmers and media companies use our platform to provide better and more efficient video workflows. To see a demo or learn more about driving productivity with Anvato, contact us here.
– Written by Daniel Bales, Marketing Manager, Google Cloud Platform